Archi Display Festival 2020 Entry 117
PROJECT BY: Kamalika Ganguly and Mukesh Verma (@the_blue_blood_0 and @kamalikaganguly )
COLLEGE: Malaviya National Institute of Technology, Jaipur and Amity University, Kolkata
YEAR OF STUDYING : 4th Year Bachelors
CATEGORY : Transport
PROJECT TYPE: Studio Design Sheets
PUBLISHED BY: Archipedia
Concept: Fish is considered an indispensable part of Bengali culture. From forming a part of the staple diet to its use in auspicious ceremonies – its significance is multifold. Hence, the form of a fish has been chosen for the bus stop to make it blend into the Kolkata’s cultural context.
• Integration of digitally updated route map on screen, coupled with interactive digital interface for information delivery.
• Pedestrian amenities such as seating, shade and vending machine for water and beverages.
• Accessibility features such as wheelchair circulation space.
• LED Lighting strips integrated with the roof of the shelter for added security.
• Cycle stand as a unique response to green cities in order to encourage emission-free travel for short distances.
• Planters on roof for stormwater to directly to drain into it.
Material used: Polycarbonate sheet for facade
Structural system: Diagrid Structural system concealed by panelling to create column free space.